Saturday, May 5, 2012

Kindle KDP - I'm Not the Norm

This past week, I participated in the Kindle KDP program on Amazon. The Price of Innocence was placed free for five days from May 1-May 5. I did very little promo regarding its availability, and for some odd reason it skyrocketed to number one and remained there for two days until the promotion ended. As a result, The Price of Deception is now in the top 100 best sellers on Amazon, as well as The Price of Innocence, for paid historical romance.

I have since this book was first released in 2009 consistently advertised it as historical fiction, with romantic elements. If you’re looking for traditional feel-good romance, that is not The Legacy Series. If you read the series, proceed with caution. It’s not the normal cookie-cutter story to sweep you off your feet.

I wrote the story with historical accuracy. This was life in 19th century Paris — true to form. On this blog you’ll find a series of posts regarding the background research. My characters face hardship and challenges. The story is filled with reality; and its themes are the price we pay for innocence, deception, and love.

The Price of Innocence has been reviewed by Writer’s Digest, Coffee Time Romance, Nightowl Romance, Mama Kitty Reviews, and others. The book was my debut novel. Though it’s suddenly been shot into the spotlight, it’s by no means unread worldwide already and accepted by many fans who are eagerly following the series.

Once again, be forewarned (if you haven’t already gotten the drift from recent reviews on Amazon), the content may be upsetting. The series is a three-book journey that spans many years. The Price of Love will be released in winter 2012.

Lastly, I want to thank all of my new readers for downloading the book. Whether you love, hate, or average me out, it’s been wonderful meeting you all. I’m not offended if you find the story difficult. Read according to your tastes.

My next release, Dark Persuasion, is far different.


Sincerely,
Vicki