Sunday, July 21, 2013

Book Trailer Entertainment


I'm at 70,000 words and may hit 75,000 today. Schedule for completion (baring unforeseen circumstances) is as follows:

  • First draft completed July 31, 2013
  • First round of revisions leading to draft two completed by August 15, 2013 (which is frankly a bit aggressive, but I'll try).
  • Send the book to my editor extraordinaire by August 16, 2013.
  • Send the book to my beta readers August 16, 2013.
  • Tweak eBook format while out to editing for Kindle.
  • Re-read while out to editing (by this time I'm pretty well sick of it!)
  • By September 1st (if my editor can make the timeline) revise and correct and receive beta reader feedback.
  • Format for Kindle, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords for distribution.
  • Upload final version no later than September 15, 2013 if at all possible.  Please understand that this date is contingent upon my editor's availability and my sanity.
  • After September 15, 2013 - Format print version interior content.
  • Work full book cover front/back for print version.
  • Upload to Lightning Source, my print-on-demand printer and order proof copy.
  • Wait for proof copy and receive within one week.
  • Read proof copy (you have no idea the things you may have missed when you see it in print).
  • Make any corrections to print or eBook needed.
  • Sign off on print version.
  • Distribution begins to all channels for sales in print worldwide.
  • Register copyright with US copyright office.
  • Market, market, market.
I hope the schedule above shows you the amount of work an independent author must do to release a book.  All of these steps take time, blood, sweat, and tears.


"Writing a book is a horrible, exhausting struggle, like a long bout with some painful illness. One would never undertake such a thing if one were not driven on by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand.” ― George Orwell

It's coming . . . I promise.

Regards, Vicki