Sunday, October 27, 2013

Redistribution Worldwide and The Legacy Series Boxed Set



Most readers are probably not aware, but one of the requirements of putting your books on Amazon KDP program means you must pull all other copies from distribution elsewhere.  The KDP program allows a 90-day period to offer your book free for five days, plus free for prime members during the entire enrollment. For quite some time, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, iTunes, Diesel, Sony, and others have not carried any of the eBook versions of The Legacy Series.

Finally, my commitment to Amazon for exclusivity has come to an end.  Yesterday, I spent the majority of my day reloading my books to my distributor (Smashwords), as well as directly to B&N.  It's been a times-consuming job due to new formatting requirements and larger cover size requirements.  I've yet to upload it to All Romance eBooks.

In addition, I've batched all three books up in one boxed set that sells for $4.99 on Amazon and B&N.  I have to do some reformatting to get it out to the remaining distributors for premium listing.

To date, I've received positive feedback from my readers on The Price of Love.  I'm very thankful for your support of the series.  In addition, it seems that most want book four, The Price of Passion, to see Jolene and Robert married and happy.  No doubt, I'd marry off Philippe, too.  However, it won't happen until next year.  

Also, on a side note, reviews always help on Amazon.  The more reviews, the better chance of being recommended by Kindle to readers.  In addition, I cannot do any heavy advertising until I have at least 10 reviews to qualify for high profile newsletters such BookBub and Kindle Nation, etc., with an average of 4.0.  Anything, even a few lines, always helps and goes a long way for any author in their ability to further promote their work.

In the meantime, I'm spinning off to historical romantic suspense with my new series, "The Manor House Lords."  I've already started the first in the series, Thorncroft Manor.  As time goes on, I'll set up links to my new blog and website for that series.

That's it for now!  It's been a busy weekend.  I could use a drink, but I'll have to find out where Robert Holland stashed the crystal decanter.  

Vicki